To help determine exactly what the “guardianship/equity-abuse” problem is all about, the Committee will review and document -- for the Commission and the general public -- key symptoms of the problem that have been reported and/or experienced.
These symptoms ought to part of an agreed-to understanding among Members of the New Mexico Guardianship Study Commission about the problems being addressed.
1. Legal Contracts Being Breached
2. Legal Proceedings Shrouded in Secrecy
3. Court Resources Apparently Being Wasted
4. Family Property Ends Up in Wrong Hands
5. Family Trust Contracts Being Breached
6. Legal Thicket That Protects Attorneys at Public Expense